Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 4

This crazy Vancouver weather is really throwing me off - hot then cold then hot then cold. As always in this fair city, layering is key.

Based on some recent conversations and ponderings I would like to add a few more rules.

First of all, I would like to clarify that I don't feel the need to make 'tools' or things that I carry around such as my ipod, phone, swiss army knife etc. Though conceivably some might consider these things to be 'worn' because they are in my purse, I think of them more as being 'brought along' for the ride called My Life.

Having said that, though, I will only wear purses that I have made myself. This was determined through a discussion the other night when luggage came up. I was questioning whether or not I needed to make my own suitcase to go to Toronto at the end of the month. We concluded that a suitcase is not worn but a purse is. OK. I may end up trying to craft something though, just for fun. I'll see how it goes.

Also, with regards to make-up, hair products etc. I have decided that I don't have to make things that are applied to my skin or hair. Back at the round table, the jury was in favour of actually trying to make the stuff! As much as I think this is a great idea, I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely and utterly inspired! I love your project and love what you've made so far. You are cute and your clothes are amazing (shoes??? amazing!) and I am completely charmed by you!

    If I make any clothing worth, well.. sharing, I will probably post them on my own blog and you can check it out (and offer advice hopefully?) if you are interested.

    :)

    Good luck!
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,
    I love this photo of you and your clothes!
    Is that skirt made of leather? or?
    I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete