Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 362!!

I admit I'm running out of steam. I really am counting the days now, so looking forward to putting on some comfortable shoes. I'm not even sure it's comfort I'm after but maybe just variety. Um...I just put my shoes on again and I take it back - it's definitely comfort I'm after. I'm thinking of all of the things I've missed this past year and in a way when the makeshift year comes to an end I will kind of be starting from scratch again. I mean, I have things that I've saved from my 'previous life' but I can't even really remember what they are. I guess I should be looking through that stuff now. I do know that I don't want to just rush out and buy a bunch of new stuff. And even though a part of me would like to put all of my makeshift clothes into a big heap and light it on fire, I'm not going to. Mostly because I will likely still be wearing it all. A few things I would like to buy sometime in the near future are: socks (without seams!), underwear and running shoes. I also look forward to wearing a pair of silver earrings that my sister gave me this summer and a pair of shoes from my friend Kim. It does seem like an appropriate season to starting sifting through things; clothes, junk, thoughts, ideas. Maybe now that things are coming to a close I will be able to gain some perspective on this whole crazy ride. And hopefully find some treasures while I'm at it.

3 comments:

  1. I love this combination! You're almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a true inspiration.
    please go check my blog (stripes-buttons.blogspot.com), cause an award is waiting for you :)
    cheers from Athens, Greece

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been amazing. I hate to think of your lovely clothes discarded in a heap! They are truly lovely. I hope after a bit of time removed from them, you will start wearing them again. Go buy socks!

    ReplyDelete